Victory in Crunchtime! Franz Wagner and the Magic shocked the Warriors, also because the German rookie retains the nerves in the final seconds. Trae Young brings with 45 points to silence Madison Square Garden and a gloomy series of bulls continues.
- Orlando Magic (20-53) – Golden State Warriors (47-25) 94:90 (Boxscore)
- New York Knicks (30-42) – Atlanta Hawks (36-36) 111: 117 (Boxscore)
Orlando Magic (20-53) – Golden State Warriors (47-25) 94:90 (Boxscore)
- 5 points In the last 13 seconds Franz Wagner have been to the hero of Orlando Magic. The German rookie showed no nerves from the free-wurflinia in a competitive final phase and sealed the eighth Warrior’s bankruptcy from the past twelve. Wagner ended the game with 18 points (6/9 FG, 6/6 FT), 3 assists, 2 steals and 1 block.
- The entrance wheels fought in the fourth quarter thanks to their in this phase strong bank from a 14-point residue back to the game. In addition to MARKEL FULTZ (8) and Gary Harris (8), Moritz Wagner (7, 4 rebounds and 1 block) had his fingers in the game. A 21: 6-run turned the game, but a minute before the end, Andrew Wiggins (13) brought his colors in front again.
- The answer delivered Mo Bamba through the corner (89:88), in the next attack Foulse Klay Thompson Wagner at his trial. He sank all three freebies, Golden State shortened again, but after a beautifully designed out-of-bounds-play, Wagner made the lid on it per dunk. Topscorer The Magic was Wendell Carter Jr. with 19 meters and 8 boards.
- Even the start was anything but promising from Warrior’s view. Obtainly, the guests started at all at all, in the first half will take you just 38 points. The game seemed to turn in the third quarter, as Golden State at once 7 triples sanked and alone in this section only two meters achieved less than in the complete halftime one (36:19). The result was the addressed 14-point lead, but in the fourth quarter, the offensive power was then again (7/21 FG and 7 Turnover).
- “I love these guys in the cabin. I know you want to win. We only have to learn how. Currently we do not know how to win,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr showed disappointed by the appearance of his team in the fourth quarter. Jordan Poole was still diligent scorer with 26 points, but even with him did not go to Plan (9/23 FG). Klay Thompson came to 15 points with also manageable odds, from the bank, Jonathan Kuminga (14) and Otto Porter Jr. (14 and 15 rebounds) showed good performances.
New York Knicks (30-42) – Atlanta Hawks (36-36) 111: 117 (Boxscore)
- Trae Young and the Madison Square Garden, that remains a success story. At least for the Hawks Guard, who since his playoff-gala 2021 in New York has returned 45 points in his first game in New York, a mistake of the buzzerbeater and a bad adhesive reactive. Thanks to Young and Bogdan Bogdanovic, the Hawks still turned the game in crunchtime.
- At Christmas, Young had missed the first New York trip of his team this season, but he continued on Tuesday evening where he had stopped in the PostSeason. Eight and a half minutes before the end, the knicks were still at +10 at the front, but Bogdanovic and Young turned on again. The latter with one of his seven threesome a good three minutes before the end again for the compensation, then Bogdanovic and De’andre Hunter from Downtown and Young put the icing on the decisive 11: 0 course: first he sent Taj Gibson with a crossover On the boards, then he sank the pullup, who made everything.
- The 23-year-old showed itself relatively unimpressed by the bushings of the Knicks fans, but it was “not so loud” anyway, Young said. After sunking a mad buzzerbeater at the end of the first quarter – Bogdanovic served him with a fullcourt pass, Young began the ball in the air and squeezed out of a cast -, the Guard straightened a few nice words to the already good already Annoyed Knicks fans.
- In addition to his scoring (13/25 FG and 7/15 threesome) distributed Young still 8 assists, Bogdanovic was also on fire (season confirmation 32 points, 11/20 FG). For the knicks that had to do without the injured Julius Randle (Quadriceps), R.J. Barrett (30 and 13 Boards), Alec Burks (21) or Immanuel Quickley (17) most to the Weir. Nevertheless, New York is already secured by the bankruptcy for another season with a negative balance – for the next time for the past nine years.
Articles and videos about the topic
* Power ranking in March: That’s why the Sixers are not a real contractender yet
* Experience the NBA live on Dazn. Register now! Can be terminated at any time monthly.